15 Apr Wellness Programs Manager
This position reports to the Operations Manager and Mentors new community education and youth wellbeing staff regarding the overall vision and mission of AVPRIDE for youth wellbeing and empowerment. Coordinates onboarding and training of new community education and youth wellbeing staff with a focus on the grants and deliverables specific to their areas of funding. Works with CEO, Operations Manager and other staff to customize an orientation and training program that meets the needs of each staff person and takes into account prior experiences, community connections, etc. .
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates with staff activities (i.e., Take Back Day, Fayette Coweta Recovers Together) and programs that apply to more than one grant or community (i.e., Too Good for Drugs and another curriculum).
- Works with education staff to coordinate schedules, and produce monthly quarterly and annual calendars. Works with AVPRIDE team to identify resources needed (publications, event assistance, specialty items, etc.)
- Identifies new funding opportunities and revenue streams. Writes grants and assists others with grants.
- Monitors and ensures that deadlines to funders are met with regard to monthly reports, semi-annual reports, and other reports (i.e., community readiness assessments, end-of-year or project reports, and other funder-required reports).
- Coordinates with staff regarding data needs and reporting. Trains staff on ECCO and other funder-mandated electronic reporting systems.
- Works with supervisor to develop budgets for new grants; proves to the accuracy of reports (i.e., consistency between budget narrative and cumulative expenditure report).
Community and Stakeholder Relations
- Oversees and coordinates substance abuse prevention work in Fayette, Coweta, and other counties.
- Plans and implements evidence-based strategies (aka established campaigns) to reduce use and misuse of substances, depending on grant deliverables.
- Works with high school & college students on peer-to-peer campaigns (Youth Action Team)
- Reviews plans and ensures alignment with the campaign strategies and implementation plan.
- Works closely with stakeholders including police departments, private/public school and government officials, medical professionals, parents, community members and others;
- Attends City and County Council and other meetings, networking with key stakeholders and agencies in to leverage AVPIDE’s prevention initiatives to expand its community impact; obtains proclamations and support for legislative days.