Fayette Youth Leaders PRIDE represents Fayette County’s most innovative, influential, and ambitious student leaders. These youth have demonstrated their passion for problemsolving, setting positive examples for their peers, or creating opportunities for others to succeed. It is AVPRIDE’s pleasure to give these young leaders a relaxed atmosphere where they can learn from each other and by connecting them with community leaders who are committed to enhancing their skill sets.
APPLY NOW by March 1st! – Apply Here
What Can I Look Forward To?
- Getting to know the county while working with community leaders
- Influencing county policies
- Creating and engaging in community service projects for local businesses
- Attending the annual leadership retreat
- A special induction ceremony with community leaders
- Engaging classmates in community opportunities
- Monthly skill-building workshops
- Participation in the “Learn from a Leader” series
Which Skills Am I Building?
- Public Speaking
- Ethics & Morality
- Business Etiquette & Soft Skills
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Health & Wellness
- Finacial Literacy
- Team Building
- Leading Group Discussions
- Event Planning
- Project Management
Be a part of the “FYLP” Team that is changing the paradigm of youth engagement in Fayette County!
Members work with community leaders to offer youth perspective on Fayette County’s future direction.
Leadership & Civic Engagement opportunities
- Contributed to City Comprehensive Plan
- Joined School Board and Town Hall meetings
- Helped conduct Political Candidate Forum
- Contributed to discussions on teen technology use and substance abuse prevention strategies
- Participated in Georgia Mayors’ Day Conference
- Attended Georgia Teen Institute Leadership Conference
AND OVER 70 OTHER OPPORTUNITIES!
AVPRIDE, Inc. is a non-profit organization that offers academic support, mentoring and youth leadership development programs.
As an organization, AVPRIDE believes that youth are:
- A major asset to the community, to be valued and engaged in community processes;
- Innovative and able to lead and create change; and
- Capable of making positive and lasting contributions now to improve the health of the community.
- Further, AVPRIDE believes that the community has a responsibility and moral obligation to engage youth in meaningful opportunities to learn, deliberate, create, and serve.