The Career Exploration Program (CEP) is an added component of the AVPRIDE Workforce Services Program for youth and young adults between the ages of 16 and 24 years old.
The goal of this program is to expose students who have expressed an interest in certain career fields an opportunity to explore those careers.
Students participating in this program will be enrolled in a number of workshops to prepare them for internships in their field of interest.
The Purpose of the CEP
- Develop an awareness of the educational and technical skills required for entry into and advancement in a specific occupation
- Help students become familiar with the work-site environment associated with a career occupation.
- Identify the job-related characteristics required of a specific job or career
- Determine the level of student interest in an identified job or career and the educational requirements needed for success
- Become comfortable presenting themselves and their qualifications to business professionals
- Become comfortable with “selling themselves”
- Learn to work as a team, a fundamental requirement for any business area
- Learn how to communicate their thoughts and ideas effectively
Instruction and coaching on:
- Workplace Etiquette
- Resume Writing
- Effective Interviewing Techniques
- Understanding the Workplace Culture/Environment
- Being Technology Smart
- Dress For Success
- Mock Interviews
- Mentor-Mentee Relationship